Marc Reklau Author of 30 Days Change Your Habits Change Your Life book talks about how you can change your life, no one is responsible for failure or even success, and whatever you do now will be your future, the author has shared some of the habits that will make your life easier and simpler.
Now if you ask me, I didn’t learn anything new from this book but yes, I got another point of view from another author, should I have skipped this book? yes but as I have already read this book, so let me share with your some lessons which will change your life.
Join The Free Weekly Newsletter…
30 Days Change Your Habits Change Your Life Summary
The book has 94 chapters and each chapter is very small, this means, this is the best book for beginners who are just starting to read. Also, English is very simple too…
Marc Reklau has shared all the same things for example:
- Forget about the Past, focus on the present
- Self Discipline
- You’re Responsible for Everything
- Choose Your Thoughts – Control them, don’t Consume Everything
- What You Believe in Matters a lot
- Never Give up
- Focus on What you
- Choose Your Words
- Add Good Habits like Exercise, Meditation, and Book Reading
- Energy, Do the most-important task first
- Schedule your day in advance
- Morning Affirmation
- Don’t Give Excuse
So let’s dive into some of the chapters
Exercise At Least 3 Times a Week
Even if we all know about the importance of exercise, there are many of us who just don’t do it. The best excuse is always: “I have no time”. But what if somebody were to tell you that your life depends on it? And if you don’t start exercising right now you will be dead in a month? You will surely find time, wouldn’t you?
So time is not the problem.
I also won’t put a lot of work into convincing you how important exercise is and how you can find time because you already know that. I will just list the benefits that exercising three to five times a week will bring you. And then – if you want – you will find the time.
- Exercising will keep you healthy.
- Exercising will help you lose weight, which will improve your health and also make you look better.
- Exercising will make you feel better and you will have a lot of energy.
- Once the kilos start dropping there is a big chance that your self-esteem will go up. I can confirm that.
- Problems with falling asleep? Exercise for 30 minutes a couple of hours before you go to sleep and see what it does for you.
- Have you ever noticed that exercise significantly reduces stress? First of all, there are the endorphins, but the other thing is that you just might get your mind off the things that were stressing you out.
Furthermore, studies show that regular exercise makes you happier, can reduce the symptoms of depression, reduces the risk of disease (heart, diabetes, osteoporosis, high cholesterol, etc.), lower the risk of premature death, and improves your memory, and many more.
Are you in? One last thing: Don’t force yourself to exercise. Enjoy it. Look for a recreational activity that fits you and that you enjoy doing such as swimming, for example. Even walking an hour a day can make a difference.
- Find some studies about the amazing benefits of exercise on the Internet.
- When will YOU start exercising?
- If you think you don’t have time, go back to the Chapters about finding the time.
I mean, just do it, 30 minutes a day is not that impossible, or if you can’t do then just read the Atomic Habits by James Clear.
How To Deal With Problems
“Every problem has in it the seeds of its own solution. If you don’t have any problems, you don’t get any seeds.” – Norman Vincent Peale
Do you have many problems?
Congratulations!!! And I’m not kidding! You have many opportunities to grow because a problem is always an opportunity to grow by learning from it!
Robin Sharma asks us to see our problems as blessings! So what are the problems now? Challenges, blessings, friends? Or all three of them? Isn’t life just facing one problem after another?
What makes all the difference is how you face it and how you learn from it! When you start learning from your problems life gets much better. Look back at the problems you had in your life. Didn’t each one of them have something positive?
Questions to Ask Yourself:
- What problems do you have in your life right now that you haven’t found a solution for yet?
- Make a list of your problems.
- What would change if you see these problems as challenges or even opportunities? How would it make you feel?
Design Your Ideal Day
This is the favorite exercise of many coaches and the starting point for many coaching processes.
- What would you like your ideal life to be?
- What would you do if you had all the time and money in the world?
- Where would you live? Would you have a house or an apartment?
- What’s your job?
- Who are you with?
- What are you doing?
Write it down in detail! By now you have learned about the power of writing things down! Write down exactly how you would like your ideal life to be.
Have a special notebook or scrapbook for your ideal day/life creation. Many people even make a collage with photos that represent their dreams or ideals and put it up somewhere where they can see it daily. Very important: Make it FUN! It’s very important to create this vision and have it in mind.
So let’s start:
- No distractions. Sit down for an hour. Turn off everything. No smartphone, Laptop, TV, or anything else.
- Make it come alive! Describe everything. What time do you wake up? What kind of home do you live in? How’s your health? Who is surrounding you? What’s your job? Remember there are NO LIMITS!
- Once a week, read your ideal day out with enthusiasm. Put a lot of emotion into it! Optional: You can also tape record yourself reading out your ideal day with emotion and listen to it every night before going to bed.
Write It Down 25 Times a Day
“It’s the repetition of affirmations that lead to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.” – Muhammad Ali
The purpose of this exercise is to help you “hammer” your desires into your subconscious mind until you actually believe it’s true! Remember how your subconscious mind works.
To create a new belief in your belief system you have to repeat it over and over again. Even if this exercise gets boring, go on writing…
So how does it work?
- Pick your statement.
- Make it personal, start with “I am”.
- Make the statement positive.
- Use the present tense. For example, “I am earning X thousand Rupee a year.”
- Do this exercise first thing in the morning.
I know, some people don’t like to write down everything, so what you can do is, watch Sandeep Maheshwari’s morning affirmations video, it will help a lot, don’t watch a video, just listen to it…
I will add the video above, so go watch it (by the way, the video is in Hindi)
That was it, I can go on and on but if I do that then this won’t be the book summary, it will become the book itself…
Again, I will say the same, if you have read the Atomic Habits book then you can skip the 30 Days Change Your Habits Change Your Life by Marc Reklau.
I know, the book title is very attractive, so if you want to read it then go for it, what else can I say…
Still, if I have any questions, do let me know in the comment box, see you there.
Love what you read, you might like these too…