Powerful Quotes From Mind Management, Not Time Management
“A deadline would create time pressure, and that would kill creativity.”
“Things are not difficult to make; what is difficult is putting ourselves in the state of mind to make them.”
“If they were only somewhat busy, creative thinking decreased by nineteen percent. If they were extremely busy, creative thinking decreased by a whopping forty-five percent.”
Let me first say thank you for reading this. This will be a weekly newsletter, hope you enjoy it. Now I will see you every Sunday at 9:00 AM (IST).
5 Big Ideas from Mind Management, Not Time Management
- Everyone on this earth has 24 hours every day, so don’t give the excuse that I will exercise later this day because that day will never come.
- Always focus on Process.
- Set Your Priorities and work according, the rest can wait.
- Routines are the core part of human life, so set one that suits your life and stick to it.
- One of the key parts of everyone’s life is “TIME” so make time to understand time.
Mind Management, Not Time Management Summary
You Have Time, You Lier
There is a universal excuse which is “I don’t have time to do this or that” which is of course “a lie”
So get out of that myth and work on yourself to get the most out of the time you have because you don’t know whether you will wake up tomorrow or not.
Now, this doesn’t mean you have to work 24/7, this means, you have to work smart by Prioritizing important tasks and skipping unimportant tasks.
For me, the important task was writing this article and skipping the movie. For you, it might be different, so choose what’s important and what’s not.
Give a Time, Results Will Come
When you start a business, you won’t earn millions right away, it will take time if you work properly.
In the same way, if you want to get six-pack abs then you won’t get them after getting 1 month of a gym membership, you will have to go every day, and follow the diet.
So always, promises yourself that, you will focus on the process because when you focus on results, you will see, how far it is…
Routines have changed the way I live my life, now, I know what to do and at what time.
I usually wake up at 5:00 AM, exercise, read books, eat breakfast, and then start work. I stop working after 5:00 PM then I go to sleep at 9:00 PM.
Sometimes, if I’m working on an important project then I can stretch my working hours to 6:00 PM but no work after 6:00 PM. (this rarely happens)
This was my Routine, yours might be different. You can work all night and sleep at day hours or make a different Routine that suits your lifestyle.
Know How Your Mind
Your mind always wants to give comfortable life, it doesn’t care whether you’re getting comfortable life by watching movies all day, or drinking alcohol every day.
This is where, you have to work on yourself and tell your brain, what is good and what’s not. You can tell your brain by reading books, watching some documentaries, or something else but your brain needs that reminder.
Be conscious of what you’re doing every minute and try to improve as little as you can.
The 7 Mental States
David Kadavy author of Mind Management, Not Time Management has shared 7 Mental States which will help you to archive your goals, so let’s take look at them.
- Generate: Decide the task that needs to be done.
- Prioritize: Select which tasks are important and which aren’t.
- Research: Now, it’s time to start researching on the most important tasks that you have selected.
- Explore: When you’re researching, try to explore the new idea and see whether it fits well or not.
- Administrate: Put 110% into the work you’re doing and take care of every single detail and examine whether there is scope to improve or not.
- Polish: Give final touches to the work you have been doing for weeks.
- Recover: Now that you have given your 110% and finished the task, give yourself time to recover by doing the things you love or just relaxing for time being.
Mind Management Not Time Management Review
This is another management book that has a fancy title, there is nothing new in this book that doesn’t already exist, so if you have read books like Eat That Frog or even Re-Work then kindly, don’t waste your time on this book.
Also, if you haven’t read the eat that frog book then what the hell you are doing, go read it because it will give you a different perspective on the way you look at time.
As someone said “Life is too short to waste it on an average book” and this is that average book.
BUY Mind Management Not Time Management
Love What You Read, You Might Like These too…