The Third Door Summary and Review – Alex Banayan

The Third Door by Alex Banayan Paperback front cover

The 18-year-old boy wanted to do something big in life and he did by interviewing the world’s most successful people like Bill Gates, Lady Gaga, Jessica Alba, and many more. The Third Door is Alex Banayan’s journey and the stories of successful people.

Join Free Weekly Newsletter

Let me first say thank you for reading this. This will be a weekly newsletter, hope you enjoy it. Now I will see you every Sunday at 9:00 AM (IST).

The Third Door Summary

When I was 18 years old, I was roaming around the school campus and enjoying my life with my Friends. I didn’t even know what I wanted to do in life and here is Alex who wanted to interview successful people at the age of 18.

When he was 18 years old, he didn’t have money or connection but he fixed this problem by winning “The Price is Right” TV show where he won a big prize.

That money he used to make the dream come (interviewing the world’s most successful people).

Later he interviewed Bill Gates, Lady Gaga, Jessica Alba, Steve Wozniak, Maya Angelou, Larry King, Quincy Jones, and many other successful people.

This is a true example, “if you really want something and if you believe in it then you will get it for sure. The only thing you need to conquer your dreams is, “Believe.”

The Third Door is a sort of biography of Alex Banayan but it also has lessons from the world’s most successful people. The book concept is more like Tools of Titans by Titne Tim Ferriss.

How to Open The Third Door

Before I tell you how to open the third door, first, let’s talk about the first and second doors.

Alex explained the third door in a simple way, he says, it’s like a nightclub.

Night Club has a main door which is for everyone at the same time, Night Clubs also have a back door which is made for VIPs, so they don’t have to wait in a queue.

Now, for those who want to go inside the nightclub faster, they have to create the Third Door by themself.

They can either use Windows or something else.

This ideology can be applied to life as well, 

For example, there is no shortcut to start a successful business. 

When you start a business, there is a 99% chance that it may fail but there is a 1% chance that it can make you a billionaire, and that 1% is your “Third Door”.

Alex opened that door with the “The Price is Right” TV show and used that money to go further.

For you, it might be something else.

Ask yourself, what is your dream and what kind of steps you need to take to reach that stage.

Find your “Third Door”.

Work Today for Better Tomorrow

When Alex wanted to take interviews with successful people, he didn’t know that he will come this far, he only knew that he can do it.

So if you want to do something big in life then just do it, and don’t think about what will happen in the future.

You’re living in the present movement, the future is not created yet. 

So do something extra for Better Tomorrow.

I don’t know whether you have watched Steve Jobs’s speech about connecting the dots, if you haven’t then I will drop the video below, go watch it.

Steve Jobs simply says, you don’t know what will happen when you take action but when time passes and when you think about that action, dots start connecting together and you start understating why you did what you did.

Time is the key, so use that key to do something big in life.

Be an intern for Life

Earth is too big to learn about everything whether you’re a writer, actor, doctor, engineer, or even content creator. There is always room to learn something new every day.

Learn from other mistakes and try not to make those mistakes in your life.

You can even read The Third Door and see what kind of mistakes the world’s most successful people have made.

You can’t waste your time by saying, I know what I’m doing, why do I need to read this book and listen to this person?

This will only waste your time and you will be stuck in there for a long time.

So be a learner, always. 

Lessons from The Third Door by Alex Banayan

  • Always Learn from other people and don’t make the same mistake in life.
  • You need to find Third Door by yourself, no one will open that door for you.
  • Don’t be afraid of failure, do it again, do it better.
  • Work today for a better tomorrow.
  • If you want to start a business then just start, don’t wait for someone to tell you, hey, why don’t you start a business?

Quotes from The Third Door by Alex Banayan

“When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.”

“Easy reading is damn hard writing.”

“The lesson: figure out your opponent’s fears, then use them to your advantage.”

“Don’t ‘I wonder’ through life. Just make it happen.”

“I insist on a lot of time being spent, almost every day, to just sit and think. That is very uncommon in American business…So I do more reading and thinking, and make fewer impulse decisions than most people in business.”

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Everyone has the power to make little choices that can alter their lives forever. You can either choose to give in to inertia and continue waiting in line for the First Door, or you can choose to jump out of line, run down the alley, and take the Third Door. We all have that choice.”

The Third Door Review

I’m the kind of person who loves to read about other people’s lives because it helps me to not make those mistakes. The Third Door by Alex Banayan talks about the same thing, so if you want to know about the world’s most successful people like Bill Gates, Lady Gaga, Jessica Alba, and many more then go read it, it will for sure make a huge impact in your life.

Alex has also shared his life journey too, so technically The Third Door is his biography along with some lessons from the world’s most successful people.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *