The Miracle Morning: Rules for Powerful Routine
Waking up early can be challenging and to make that challenge easy, Hal Elrod the author of Miracle Morning has shared 6 practical morning routines which will make your life easier and simpler.
Join The Free Weekly Newsletter…
Let me first say thank you for reading this. This will be a weekly newsletter, hope you enjoy it. Now I will see you every Sunday at 9:00 AM (IST).
The Miracle Morning Summary
Every single human being in this world has a choice, whether to wake up early or sleep late at night and the same can be applied to life too, whether they can choose a healthy lifestyle or an unhealthy lifestyle.
For example, you promised yourself that you will do exercise every day at 5 PM but when the time comes, you said, I will start tomorrow and that tomorrow will go on and on…
The same can be applied to your morning routine too, don’t skip good habits to feel better, for movement, doing exercise won’t make you happy now but after months you will thank yourself.
You Don’t Have to Sleep for 8 Hours
You don’t have to sleep for 8 hours every day, you just have to focus on quality rather than quantity.
Let’s say, you drink coffee at 9 PM and went to sleep at 10 PM, so technically, you’re sleeping but when you wake up at 8 AM, you will feel tired because of that one cup of coffee.
The Solution is
- Don’t use a smartphone 1 hour before a bad time.
- Don’t consume caffeine 6 hour before the bad time.
- Don’t watch movies or news 1 hour before the bad time.
This way, your mind will get relaxed and you will be able to sleep early and you will get a good amount of sleep.
How to Wake-Up Early
I can only share what I have learned from this book but in the end, it will depend on you, whether you want to wake up early or not.
For example, Let’s say, you want to wake up at 5 AM every day,
- Set Alarm and put your smartphone 1 foot away from your bad. Better, buy Alarm Clock.
- Don’t click on the snooze button.
- Stand up immediately after the alarm rings.
- Go brush your teeth.
- Clean your face.
- Now, start your day by reading books, meditating, or exercising.
You can also start your work too…
If you want to wake up early then ask one question to yourself which is,
“Why do I want to wake up early?”
If you have a current answer then you don’t need to do anything else, your mind will take care of everything.
Let’s say, I want to wake up early because I’m working on a new business idea and I don’t get enough time because I’m also doing a 9 to 5 JOB.
In the same way, find a reason why you want to wake up early.
It’s better to start your day by reading a book rather than a reading Twitter feed.
Now, you don’t have to read every single book, also, don’t read romance novels in the morning or crime drama.
By the way, don’t read books on tablets or on smartphones, kindle is okay.
The Miracle Morning: Six Rules
- Silence – Spend time with yourself
- Affirmations – start the day with positive thoughts
- Visualizations – Imagine your goals
- Exercise – Stay healthy
- Reading – Read Books
- Scribing – Plan everything from day-to-life goals
What I have learned from The Miracle Morning
- Don’t read or watch negatives in the morning.
- You have a choice, so pick the right one.
- Always plan the next day in advance.
- Health should be the highest priority.
- Plan your morning at night.
- The Internet is a tool, use it carefully.
- Learn to spend time with yourself.
- Reading is as powerful as body exercise.
- You don’t have to wake up early, just because everyone is doing it.
- Be happy with what you have.
- Everyone has 24 hours, so make the most out of it.
The Miracle Morning Review
The Miracle Morning
The only thing that I will say here is,
“Ask yourself, why do you want to wake up early”
If you have the right answer then you don’t need this book but if you don’t have the answer then give this book a try, you might find something new.
The Miracle Morning Quotes
“Discipline creates a lifestyle.”
“There is nothing to fear because you cannot fail—only learn, grow, and become better than you’ve ever been before.”
“You’ve got to wake up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.
Love what you read, you might like these too…
Nice summary. This book is already in my TBR.